Front of House
Opportunity at Event Concept
We are expanding our Operations team, reporting directly into our Operations Director, we are on the lookout for a proactive and driven individual with the excellent people management skills. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service, and organisational skills as well as a positive, can-do attitude. If you are a people person with an obsession for organisation, then read on.
Event Concept is a full-service event and experiential agency based in London. We apply specialist knowledge in event management, conceptual design and technical production to create engaging experiences of every scale. We proudly incorporate celebrated floral design and event styling company, Veevers Carter.
So what does a typical week look like?
We don’t really have a typical week here at Event Concept, but you may end up:
- Front of house duties including receiving deliveries, answering and fielding phone calls, meeting and greeting guests.
- Keeping our front of house area looking clean, tidy and welcoming to guests
- Being the guardian of our client meeting rooms, ensuring they are ready to receive guests
- Supporting our Operations Director with collating information and generating reports.
- Liaising with our prep teams, ensuring they have everything they need to get our events out on time
- Building and maintaining great relationships with our suppliers, ordering the wide variety of materials needed to build our events
- Working with our goods-in team to receive and log all deliveries and collections (which could be anything from fancy lights to sparkly trees), ensuring that nothing is missing
- Coming up with workable solutions for problems that crop up (without getting in a flap about it)
- Maintaining our database records
- Liaising with our Health, Safety and Sustainability teams, driving continual improvement
Who are you?
- You’re naturally customer services orientated, you love to build relationships with people and always go out of your way to ensure that people have what they need to be able to do their jobs
- You’re passionate about our environment and the people within it, always looking to make a positive contribution
- You’re a problem solver, you see an issue and come up with a workable solution quickly and efficiently
- This is a lynch pin role and you’ll be based much of the time in our warehouse, you’re happy to get stuck in in a warehouse environment and are resilient and people quickly trust you to get the job done
- You’re a bit of a control freak and happy to admit it. You like a place for everything and everything in its place
- You’re ambitious and keen to learn and take on new responsibility
Why Event Concept?
Event Concept is an amazing place to work, here are a few reasons why:
- We are one of the UK’s leading event production companies, you’ll get to with and learn from a really talented group of people who are continually looking to raise the bar
- You’ll get to produce for some amazing brands, at some of the UK’s most prestigious venues
- We are a learning environment and give our people real opportunity to progress within the organisation